Voter Registration at the Embassy: 1-4 February 2019
This servers to inform all South Africans resident in Ethiopia, that the South African Embassy will be open for Voter registration abroad from 1st February 2019 to 4th February 2019 from 09h00 to 17h00. This period includes the week end days.
Eligibility to Register
To be eligible to register abroad, a person must:
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be 16 years of age or older; (You only vote when you are 18)
- Possess a valid green bar-coded identity document, a valid Temporary Identity Certificate (valid for 2 months) or Smart Identity Card;
- Possess a valid South African passport and
- Submit in person the application form, the identity document to a Special Elections Officer appointed by the Commission for that purpose.
Please note: Only a green bar-coded ID, a valid Temporary Identification Certificate (TIC) or a Smart Identity Card are accepted for registration purposes. No other document will be accepted.
All South Africans who have not yet register are encouraged to use this opportunity to register for voting day which will be announced by the President.